Contributes towards a better decision making in the recruitment and signings of players by reducing the uncertainties through big data
Data Tactical Analysis
Provides support towards identifying the strengths and weaknesses of our team on the pitch as well as the opponents by using data analysis
I am a football data consultant for professional clubs, agencies and intermediaries whose goal is to assist them in making the best decisions and reduce the uncertainties in the recruitment, signing and negotiations of players. I am also a researcher and teacher on social media, data analysis and sports at the Olympic Studies Centre at the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
Doctor Cum Laude, Master in Audiovisual Communication & Advertising Contents and Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, I have been recently working as a Technical secretary and Head of Data Analysis, Innovation & Technology for Spanish professional football clubs.
I have been awarded with a grant by the International Olympic Committee for a project on social media and the Olympic Movement during Rio 2016. My doctoral thesis is based on big data methods on social media to understand the strategies of the biggest sports organisations and the behaviour of their users. I have also been a speaker at conferences about sports, social media, marketing, technology and data analysis all around the world.
I am working in a research project called Social Networking Sites and Spanish Football: Violence, public participation and communication ecology (CSO2015-69289-R), funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness.
This research project analyses the complex communication, mechanisms of production and dissemination of violence in Spanish football through social media, and offers solutions for a better regulation and control. It also examines models of interaction with the public in major football tournaments and global sporting organisations.
Honors & Awards
PhD Students Research Grant Programme 2017 Award
The IOC Olympic Studies Centre, Lausanne (Switzerland)
22nd International Seminar on Olympic Studies for Postgraduate Students
International Olympic Academy, Olympia (Greece)
Spanish, English and Catalan.
Football first team Technical secretary
- Scouting and recruitment of players.
- Analysis of the football market through big data techniques.
- Data analysis and statistical reports assisting the first team analyst.
Extremadura UD (LaLiga 1|2|3) | 2018
Head of Data Analysis, Innovation & Technology
- Analysis of the football market from the main competitions based on big data techniques.
- Data analysis and statistical reports of the rival assisting the first team department.
- Use of software products such as Wyscout, Instat, Stats, Scout7 and Mediacoach for analysing players.
Córdoba CF (LaLiga 1|2|3) | 2017 – 2018
Head of Content
- Data analysis of social media platforms of global sports organizations, mega sports events such as the Olympic Games, sponsors and professional athletes.
- Reports, content and management for the website.
- International conferences and seminars.
The Social Media & Global Sport Observatory | 2016 – 2017
Researcher and Teaching assistant
- Big data analysis of social media platforms of global sports organizations, mega-events, sponsors and professional athletes.
- Creating, producing, editing and implementing all multimedia educational content for the Coursera MOOC “The Olympic Games and the Media“.
- International conferences and seminars.
Olympic Studies Centre at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (CEO-UAB) | 2013 – now
PhD in Audiovisual Communication and Advertising
Masters degree in Audiovisual Communication and Advertising Content
Bachelor's degree in Journalism
Autonomous University of Barcelona | 2009 – 2013
- Pardo Gila, J. M. (2017). El ecosistema olímpico en Facebook durante Río 2016: contenidos, actores y participación de los usuarios. Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona. (Spanish)
- Pardo Gila, J. M. (2017). Disseminating the Olympic values on Facebook and Twitter during Rio 2016: content, influencers and engagement. Project awarded with the IOC Olympic Studies Centre PhD Students Research Grant Programme 2017.
- Pardo Gila, J. M. (2018). Disseminating the Olympic values on Facebook and Twitter during Rio 2016: content, influencers and engagement. Diagoras: International Academic Journal On Olympic Studies, 2, 61-82.
- Fernández Peña, E., Coromina, Ò. & Pardo Gila, J. M. (2017). The nature of engagement on Facebook during the London 2012 Olympic Games: An insight into the public’s participation in terms of language and gender. South African Journal for Research in Sport, Physical Education and Recreation, 39(1:2), 135-151.
- Pardo Gila, J. M. & Calle Molina M. T. (2016). Los Juegos Olímpicos de la Juventud y las redes sociales (2010-2014): evolución y retos en las nuevas formas de comunicación para la transmisión de valores olímpicos. Citius, Altius, Fortius, 9(2), 17-30. (Spanish)
Books and books chapters
- Fernández Peña, E. & Pardo Gila, J. M. (2017). Olympic TV Rights Evolution and Management. In: C. Wacker, S. Wassong & N. Camps Y Wilant (Eds.), Olympic & Paralympic Discources / Olympische und Paralympische Diskurse (pp. 217-235). Kassel: Agon.
- Fernández Peña, E., Ramajo, N., Cerezuela, B. & Pardo Gila, J. M. (2017). Olympic education in Spain as a multi-facet enterprise. In: R. Naul, D. Binder, A. Rychtecky & I. Culpan (Eds.), Olympic Education: An international review (pp. 265-280). London: Routledge.
Fernández Peña, E., Ramajo, N., Pardo Gila J. M. (2018) Hooligans Groups Interactions Throughout Twittter in La Liga. 13th Global Communication Association Conference. Universidad Rey Juan Carlos. Madrid, May 17-19, 2018.
Fernández Peña, E., Ramajo, N, Pardo Gila, J. M. (2017). Violence in “La Liga” throughout Twitter: actors’ interactions and network analysis. 13th Conference of the European Sociological Association, (Un)Making Europe: Capitalism, Solidarities, Subjectivities. Athens, Greece, 29 August – 01 September 2017.
Pardo Gila, J. M. (2016). El engagement del Real Madrid CF y el FC Barcelona en Facebook: Análisis comparativo de los contenidos publicados por los clubes campeones de la UEFA Champions League 2014 y 2015. Actas del V Congreso Iberoamericano de Comunicación: Comunicación, Cultura y Cooperación. AE-IC Madrid 2016. ISBN 978-84-608-8942-7
Pardo Gila, J. M. (2015). The engagement on Facebook during the Youth Olympic Games of Singapore 2010, Innsbruck 2012 and Nanjing 2014: comparative analysis and participation of users from a language and gender perspective. Proceedings of the 22nd International Seminar on Olympic Studies for Postgraduate Students, published by the International Olympic Academy. Olympia, Greece, September 2015.
Send a message
Please get in contact if you have any inquiries.